AISA Service Learning School Programme Award
This award honours a school’s curricular service learning programme and is meant to celebrate the successes of AISA member schools in supporting the development of purposeful and impactful embedded service learning experiences in K-12 classrooms.
To apply for this award, a school should be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- a purposeful plan for creating embedded academic service learning experiences in a specific department or team, division or whole-school setting
- evidence of service learning experiences that have occurred in the last 12 months that align with a purposeful plan
- reflections from teachers and students that show engagement with curricular content and service action, personal reflection and growth, and an understanding of the principles of sustainable service/community engagement
- evidence of purposeful and reciprocal community engagement connected to the action component of service learning experiences
- a commitment to growing the school’s service learning program
- a desire to embed critical mindsets into the service learning program to make learning experiences more inclusive, equitable and sustainable
- an understanding of the value of student voice and choice/agency throughout the service learning experiences and the program as a whole
- a willingness to share the school’s service learning stories to inspire and guide other AISA-member schools to success
Recipients of this award will be honoured at the annual AISA Conference Gala Dinner as well as the annual student AISA-GISS event.
Nominations Key Dates:
- Nominations open: 1st April 2023
- Closing: 30th October 2023
- Announcement: January 2024 (AISA GISS)
For more information about this award contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below to complete the nomination form.
NominateSee Showcased Winners