As you focus on your goals and resolutions for the year ahead, its a good time to consider what you want your professional growth to be for the next 12 months.
Many researchers in the area of professional learning argue that the starting point in this domain should be identifying the change you want to see in your students’ learning and you backward map from there.
The planning process would be:
1. What changes or improvements do I want to see in my students learning?
2. What is the professional learning I need to help me best support this change?
3. Who are the people or what are the resources that can offer this professional learning?
4. How is this professional learning organised and structured and does that suit me?
5. What steps can I take to put my professional learning plan into action?
To support your plans for professional growth, take a look at the AISA Webinars that are free to members and the extensive range of institutes taking place over the next few months.
The Association of International Schools in Africa is dedicated to serving its members throughout Africa during this challenging time. Please let us know if you require additional or specific information, resources and or support, and we will endeavour to assist you as soon as possible.