Elevate your practice by joining an AISA Practice Group today!
AISA Practice Groups provide support through collaboration and education by sharing information and best practices via peer-to-peer learning.
Based on key AISA programme areas that promote culturally responsive practices and equity, our Practice Groups provide a shared learning framework that leads to sustainable, systemic change. Membership is free to everyone in AISA member schools. The following Practice Groups are available for 2023-24:
Child Protection Practice Group
- The group offers AISA school Child Protection/DSL’s a supportive environment in which to discuss child protection policy and practice in your school, review serious child protection concerns, share resources and learn from leading experts from across the region and around the world. This group meets via zoom on the last Wednesday of each month.
- The audience: Child Protection/ safeguarding leaders and team members from AISA member schools meeting virtually on the last Wednesday of the month at 8.00 GMT
- Facilitator: Chanel Worsteling, AISA Wellbeing for All Programme Coordinator, email@example.com for more information.
Service Learning Practice Group
- The Service Learning Practice Group involves service learning educators and leaders from across the AISA region who want to engage in peer learning discussions about topics relating to the development and growth of our service learning programs. We meet three times each semester via Zoom and share resources on a community Padlet. The aim of the Practice Group is to give educators a chance to connect, share and learn from one another as we engage in this purposeful and impactful work with students and communities.
- The audience: Service learning and global citizenship educators and leaders from our PreK-12 AISA member schools meeting virtually on the last Tuesday of the month at 16:00 GMT
- Facilitator: LeeAnne Lavender, AISA Service Learning Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Tech Integration & Blended Learning Practice Group
- The AISA Tech Integration and Blended Learning Practice Group is a dynamic and interactive online community created for all educators associated with AISA. It’s a platform where you can openly exchange insights, experiences, and innovative ideas about incorporating technology in educational environments. The group’s primary focus lies in enhancing student learning outcomes through blended learning models. Here, educators can discuss their successes, address challenges, pose questions, and provide support to peers, making it a supportive ecosystem for tech-integrated teaching and learning.
- The audience is open to all educators within an AISA member school.
- The facilitators are Maciej Sudra (ISK) & Felix Malombe (Rusinga)
Register your interest in joining a Practice Group here.