Being an educator is both an incredibly rewarding and demanding profession. Teacher burnout and compassion fatigue are leading factors contributing to the growing rate of teachers leaving the profession and taking sick leave. The added demands created by COVID-19 has further strained unmanageable workloads. Balance is needed now more than ever!
Today’s webinar will discuss how stress management, personal wellness, work-life balance, and a holistic school climate are needed if we are to not only survive this pandemic but emerge at the other end with the passion, hope and ideals that brought us into this profession in the first place.
1. What is stress, burnout and compassion fatigue?
2. What are the indicators that I might be suffering from either of them (i.e. What are the signs and symptoms?)
3. How are they the same, how are they different and why might it be useful to know the difference?
4. What are the risk and resiliency factors to be aware of?
5. What can I do?
6. What can schools do to foster a healthy school climate that promotes the wellbeing of their staff?
Child Protection & Wellbeing Coordinator
Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA)