This STEAM-subject professional development conference is designed to empower educators with knowledge of technology-infused pedagogy to enhance teaching and learning.
Professional Learning Institutes
All Educators, Instructional Coaches, STEM subject teachers, curriculum coordinators, and principals
Green Hills Academy
KG 270 St,
Early-bird Rate $350; Normal Rate $395
8:30 am (GMT +0:00) - 4:00 pm (GMT +0:00)
3 November 2023 - 4 November 2023
We have invited a team of international education experts—not only in ed tech but also in innovative STEAM pedagogy— from the United States, United Kingdom, and South Africa. From a selection of over 20 workshops, delegates choose four half-day, deep-dive workshops that:
- foster deep professional learning
- build confidence to use technology in more sophisticated ways
- transform teaching
- meaningfully change children’s learning experiences
- impact the entire school
Target Audience: All Educators, Instructional Coaches, STEM subject teachers, curriculum coordinators, and principals.
By Attending the InnovateEDU Africa learning event, participants can choose from a range of different workshops including:
- Canva: Making Your Classroom Resources Look Great
- Techquity™: Merging Educational Technology with Culturally Intelligent Learning Experiences
- Problem-Based Learning and Design Thinking: promoting the Four Cs to develop sustainable solutions to real problems
- Inquiry-Based STEM
- Empower Ability: Unleashing tools for inclusivity
- App smashing with Chrome and Chromebooks
VISA AND HEALTH
- Citizens of all countries are allowed to get a visa upon arrival without prior application.
- Citizens of countries that are members of the African Union, Commonwealth and La Francophonie can get free visas upon arrival in Rwanda for a visit of 30 days.
- The visa fees must not exceed 50 USD for a single entry visa or 70 USD for multiple entry.
- Citizens of countries that are not visa-exempt have an option of applying online or at the Rwanda Diplomatic Mission of the country of residence before departure. Those applying online have the option to pay online or upon arrival. There is no single affiliated agent that is authorised to apply for a visa on your behalf.
- Ensure you have medical insurance that covers your trip and stay in Rwanda.
- If you are travelling from an area where Yellow Fever is endemic, you will need to show your Yellow Fever vaccination card upon arrival in Kigali.
- All travellers to Rwanda are no longer required to show proof of vaccination status or provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate on arrival. If transiting or departing, you should be aware of entry requirements at your final destination.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSFERS
Gorilla Golf Hotel
KG 9 Avenue, KG 274 Street, Nyarutarama
Accommodation Rate: US$ 120 Bed and Breakfast
Airport Transfers: US$ 20 per way
Phone: +250 788 174 000
Ndaru Luxury Suites
KG 519 St 2A, Nyarutarama
Accommodation Rate: US$ 120.00 Bed and Breakfast
Airport Transfers: Free Pick-up
Phone: +250 784448013 (WhatsApp) and +250 788167903 (Reception)
TAXI Airport Transfers: US$ 15 – 20
|Category||Early Bird Rate (Before 13/10/2023)||Normal Rate (After 13/10/2023)|
|AISA Schools||US$ 350.00||US$ 395.00|