DurationSunday, 1 August, 2021 — Thursday, 30 June, 2022
Purpose of the role
In this role you will provide an excellent, Christ-centered international education that meets western academic standards and equip students to live out a biblical worldview in all areas of life to the glory of God.
Secondary teachers report to the Senior or Middle School Principal. Teachers are responsible for:
- Creating a learning environment in which each student in the class is enabled to work.
- Instructing the students in accordance with the school curriculum.
- Maintaining discipline within the classroom to enable students to work and learn.
- Maintaining the Christian ethos of the school within the classroom.
- Creating and maintaining a classroom that is esthetically pleasing and conducive to learning.
- Attending and participating in weekly staff prayer times.
- Attending and participating in regular staff meetings and in-service trainings sponsored by the school
- Maintaining and submitting weekly lesson plans and assessments and providing topic web details.
- Keeping records of students’ progress as appropriate and providing written reports each term for the parents.
- Being present in the classroom at least 15 minutes before school starts and at least 15 minutes after school is out.
- Agreeing to adhere to any reasonable request made by the Principal or Director.
Teachers are expected to:
- Gain a working knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum at IGCSE and A levels.
- Attend staff meetings and in service training days.
- Pursue professional development through attendance at Cambridge and other courses as directed by school management.
- Follow HOPAC's procedures for professional development of staff through lesson observation and evaluation.
Key Skills / Competencies
- Self Motivated
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- ESL Training can be a benefit to our Teachers
- Cambridge Curriculum experience is helpful
Previous Experience & Qualifications
- Committed evangelical Christian
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree in education or subject taught
- 3 years teaching experience
- Familiar with Google Office Suite
Apply directly with the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org