This training will provide an opportunity for those in charge of managing data at schools to meet, discuss and learn about the pathway to and maintaining compliance with the GDPR.
As a result of participating at this institute, you can expect to:
- Understand the GDPR
- Understand the implications of the GDPR on International Schools
- Understand how to undertake data mapping
- Understand the principle of accountability
- Have an action plan for compliance at your school
09:00 - 11:00 Introduction to the GDPR
11:15 - 12:30 Article 29: Working Party Activity
13:00 - 14:50 Round Robin Activity
15:05 - 15:50 The Data Protection Officer
16:00 - 16:30 Controller to Processor
09:00 - 11:00 Recap and GDPR Governance Requirements
11:15 - 12:30 Data Mapping
13:00 - 14:00 Article 32: The Security of Processing
14:00 - 15:00 The 9ine 12 Stage plan for Compliance
15:00 - 16:30 Open Q&A and Wrap-up
| Full Registration Rate
|| US$ 100
|| US$ 100
|| US$ 150
Cancellation Date: 18th April 2018
Mark Orchison & Simi Kandola
Mark Orchison founded 9ine Consulting in 2009 with the objective of creating a unique, independent consultancy that places quality, excellence and innovation at the heart of the organisation. 9ine are the leading education management consultancy practice providing services to schools throughout the UK and Europe on embedding technology in teaching practice, IT Project Management, Technical Consultancy, Data Protection, Cybersecurity and Safeguarding / Child Protection. Mark is a GDPR Certified Practitioner, leading 9ine's work with schools in the UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Switzerland on the application of the GDPR within the operational context of schools.
Visa and Health
Visitors to Kenya require a visa unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Exempt countries include all those travelling with a passport from an East African Country. For other exempt countries see the new Kenyan Government eVisa website where you can also apply for an entry visa.
A visa MUST be obtained prior to travel. Visa cost US$51
All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Hotel Name: The Trademark Hotel
Single Occupancy Rate (BnB): US$ 150
Physical Address: Limuru Road, Village Market, Nairobi
To make your hotel reservation at the Trademark Hotel, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the event you are scheduled to attend.
- Send the hotel's reservations department your arrival/departure details to arrange for your transfers - US$ 60 per way.
- You can book through the transfers company, ProLog Seven by sending an email to Kevin (email@example.com) with your arrival/departure details - US$ 35 - 50 per way.
- Uber is available in Kenya and you can book for your transfers on arrival through the mobile App.