To support the wellbeing of conference participants and their school communities, and to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe during this event, please note the following:
- It is strongly recommended that all conference attendees take a PCR test before travelling to attend the AISA learning event. We also recommend that participants take a Rapid Antigen Test in their hotel room on the first morning of the conference and that they self-isolate if they test positive.
- AISA has also secured the services of a registered healthcare professional throughout the conference period to provide emergency medical services during the day. The medic will be stationed in the exhibition hall.
- Conference delegates can access the Life Fourways Hospital – located within a 2km radius of the Indaba Hotel – if requiring medical attention or Covid-19 testing.
- There is no requirement to wear masks in the conference venue, but attendees are welcome to do so.
- If you are unwell or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 before the conference, please do not attend the conference.
- If you are unwell or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 during the conference, please contact the onsite medic and do not mix with others or attend the conference until you have a negative COVID test.
- Those who prefer to observe social distancing and avoid physical contact can add an optional [blue] sticker to their name badge (available at registration). Please be mindful and respectful of people’s personal preferences.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the conference venue.
- The cleaning and safety protocol of the conference venue can be seen here.
- All participants are responsible for arranging their own travel, accommodation, and insurance, and are advised to check any relevant travel and health insurance policies in relation to Covid-19 prior to departure for the conference.
- The Indaba Hotel will provide an isolation room should a guest test positive for Covid and be displaying Covid symptoms. A full board rate with knock-and-drop food delivery for all meals and zero contact room attendance for laundry & cleaning will apply.
Please note that the affected delegate will be required to pay for all related isolation costs and that AISA will not be liable for any resulting cost, delay or inconvenience.
- Check the entry requirements for returning to your country of residence – check with the port health and airline as these may sometimes differ.
- Please click here to view the AISA Event Cancellation Policy for booking, cancellation, and transfer of registrations.
With thanks to our colleagues at COBIS for their generous guidance with these protocols.