Feeling exhausted and depleted after a busy period of distance teaching and online support? The Association of International Schools of Africa (AISA) and TGR Foundation, A Tiger Woods Charity, want to turn it around, and teach and support YOU this holiday!
AISA invites you to attend TGR Foundation’s VIRTUAL STEM STUDIO between 20 - 22 and 27 - 29 July 2020, and because you are a valued AISA member, we’re paying the registration fee!
This unique professional growth opportunity is open to all subject teachers and will, through two interactive workshop sessions over a video conferencing platform, develop your ability to integrate inquiry, with a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) focus, into your school culture.
Each participant will receive a resource e-book and a one-year license to two of Discovery Education’s digital instructional resources: Discovery Education Experience and STEM Connect.
The exact times of the workshops for the two studio workshop sessions are still to be finalised (based on registrants’ time zones). The proposed schedule will be similar to the below:
Daily sessions of 3-4 hours each:
Day 1: What is inquiry-based learning?
- How are you a STEM Educator? - Online Module
- What is Inquiry? - Activity
- Inquiry Cycle - Book Study
- Reflection and Office Hours
Day 2: Inquiry-Based Learning in Practice
- Magnetic Migration - Collaborative Activity
- Understanding the 5E Cycle of Inquiry
- Reflection and Office Hours
Day 3: Inquiry Integration Plan
- Development of an Inquiry Integration Plan
- Feedback from Peers
- Gratitude and Reflection
By the end of these 3 days, participants will have a plan for how they can bring what they learned about inquiry back to their school and have a schedule of monthly skill building / check-in opportunities with TGR Foundation which they can utilise to enact this plan throughout the 2020 -2021 school year.
Reconnect with like-minded educators outside the pressures of distance-learning teaching timetables and acquire new skills to take with you into the 2021 academic year. Skills that will improve your students’ critical thinking and learning experience!
APPLY TO PARTICPATE HERE BEFORE 27 May 2020
Please note that TGR Foundation has made various digital resources for families, educators and students available at no cost during the COVID-19 pandemic; see list and links below:
- 40+ free, STEM and college-access digital learning resources, designed for students in grades 6-12 and available on TGREDUExplore.org
- 25+ English and Spanish Family Design Challenges that unlock student creativity to explore, design and test solutions for real-world problems
- A bi-monthly video series filmed in both English and Spanish, STEM Unplugged provides engaging, D.I.Y. science lessons using common household items
- Digital lessons and workshops for students and educators available on demand at the TGR Foundation You Tube Channel
- Free educator resources, from monthly webinars to weekly digital learning tutorials, wellness checks and virtual office hours